Facility Use and Rentals
Clean and well-maintained. Available for your next cultural, recreational or educational event.
District 47 school facilities are available after school hours, for use or rent by community members, groups and organizations. Three elementary schools, a middle school and high school are available for community use. Mississippi Heights Elementary contains three gymnasiums in one space. The middle school contains three separate gymnasiums and the Community Arts Center auditorium seats 465 people. The high school contains three gymnasiums in one space: the auxiliary gymnasium and the Performing Arts Center, which seats 720 people.
How to Request Use of District 47 Facilities
Reservations for all locations are made through Community Education. Requests must be completed at least seven business days prior to use. Your reservation is not complete until an agreement is issued by the facility coordinator and signed by the person responsible for the event.
Your may submit the rental request using the Facility Use Rental Request Form.
When you submit this form, a copy of your responses will be automatically emailed back to you. Rental requests are not final until you have received an agreement from Facilities Coordinator Melanie Probasco.
When the request is approved, the requester will receive a facility permit/contract via email requiring a signature, which can be done electronically or printed off, signed and email/dropped off at Community Education.
Signing the contract confirms the arrangements, adherence to school district procedures and is an agreement to pay the related fees. The facility use contract is not final until it is signed and a certificate of liability insurance is received. Please do not advertise your event until you have received the facility contract via email. It is the facility user's responsibility to review the district’s facility use and rental information.
Sauk Rapids-Rice Middle School
901 First Street South, Sauk Rapids
Enter Door 5
School Year (Monday–Friday)
8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
June–August (Monday–Thursday; Closed Fridays)
8:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
- Cancellations of facility use must be made 48 hours in advance of the scheduled rental, or renter may be liable for rental fees.
- In case of school closings for emergencies or inclement weather, Facility Use Permits are canceled. Announcements will be made on area radio stations and on the district website. We will make every effort to contact facility use and rental groups.
- District 47 reserves the right to cancel facility reservations for just cause and is not responsible for mechanical or electrical failure.
Facilities Available for Use and Rental Rates
- A scheduling fee may be charged for all facility use except for district and school supporting organizations.
- Personnel and equipment charges may apply. Facility users may be required to provide a damage deposit and/or partial payment of rental/use fees.
- Individuals or groups that use district facilities will be required to provide a certificate of liability insurance showing ISD 47 as a certificate holder and as additional insured.
- Facility use invoices are due upon receipt. Additional reservations may not be made until past invoices are paid.
- Sauk Rapids-Rice High School
- Sauk Rapids-Rice Middle School
- Mississippi Heights Elementary
- Pleasantview/Rice Elementary
- Hillside School
- Art Centers
- Equipment and Technology Fees